Monday, September 9, 2013

Music Monday! - Music Video Mayhem!

Hello bloggies,

    To start off I would like to apologize for the lack of posting on Thursday and Friday! I was absolutely swamped with test and college craziness. On that note I would also like to share that this blog will officially start its routine this week. There will be three postings a week, Music Monday, Pop Culture Wednesday, and Fashion Friday. If I have spare time and something totally awesome happened that week in my life or in the real world I may post Tuesday or Thursday...but only if it is spectacular. Now...ON TO THE MUSIC!

    Well, it seems like this week was a crazy weekend with the release of three music videos by three different artists! Last Thursday Katy Perry released the music video for "Roar", today Miley Cyrus released the music video for "Wrecking Ball", and last, but not lease, Eminem released the music video for "Berzerk".

Let's start with Katy Perry and the video for "Roar":

    Okay, now honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of this song when it came out, but like all songs that are constantly played on the radio, it grew on me. The music video begins with Katy Perry and a male crash landing in the jungle surrounded by animals. Katy is at first timid and doesn't stand up for herself and allows the male to walk all over her. After the male gets attacked by a tiger, (not even kidding, you go Katy Perry, way to get rid of the guy!) Katy ventures out to survive on her own. Katy learns to adapt to the jungle and befriends a monkey and even makes a spear out of her high heel shoe! (Good thinking there girl!) The video continues with her befriending and elephant and finally befriending a tiger when she shows him that her "Roar" is louder.

    Essentially, the video is about standing up for yourself and not backing down. The video shows you that you do have the power and that you can do it. The lyrics are very powerful and uplifting for the song. While, I enjoyed the video, I think it is also important to point out that Katy Perry looked flawless in this video. Now I know she is a pretty young lady,but she looked absolutely stunning in "Roar". I think that the music video was very good altogether, but out of the three I saw this weekend it would be number last on my list. Sorry Katy and the Kitty Kats, but this girl needs more than animals and swinging around in the jungle.  Don't get me wrong, I love the lyrics and the VMA performance, I just believe the music video could of been done way better. Although it is number three on my list (with very heavy competition), it is still an amazing video that everyone should go check out! With that said, let's roll on to the number two spot in my music video weekend countdown.

Click Here To Watch "Roar"


                                                                                               (Still from "Roar")
                                                                                             

At number two is Miley Cyrus with "Wrecking Ball" :

    Miley, Miley, Miley...where to begin. Let's start at the beginning, I absolutely love the song "Wrecking Ball" and the lyrics behind the song. I know she can be crazy and out there or whatever you want to call her, but in the end I still love her. That may be because i have an attachment to her from her Hannah Montana days, or maybe from the days when she dated Nick Jonas, but whatever it may be, I still think she rocks. Sure, everyone hates the "We Can't Stop" video, but lets move on from that. "Wrecking Ball" is a completely new song and I feel like this song has more emotion than her previous releases.

    "Wrecking Ball" is about love and falling too hard and coming in with force. Miley is basically saying that she never thought she would fall so hard and that whoever she fell for "wrecked her". Now with all the gossip stories and tabloids, we don't know if this is about Liam Hemsworth (her fiance, ex-fiance, fiance, whatever he currently is). But the emotion seen on her face throughout the entire video is just pain. I think that the video was very calm, which is what she needed for the song. It's a slower song and did not need the craziness she normally does in her videos. I also think that is sounds like the old Miley, not the crazy girl humping a foam finger.

     Sure, there were some odd aspects of the video, but most of the video was tame. The video had many zoomed in shots of her face just singing, which I believe was very tasteful for this video. She also swung on a wrecking ball, which I mean the video is called "Wrecking Ball", what did you expect? She pounded on walls, to show her pain, and well...she licked the tool she was holding. Sure, she swung on the wrecking ball naked for a few seconds, but you couldn't see anything, so I don't see that as a reason to hate her or the video. In my opinion, it was a very tasteful video for the song and the lyrics mean more in the end. I think Miley is taking a step in the right direction and everyone should go check the video out. Now, while I absolutely love the video it is number two on my weekend list, sorry Smilers!

Click Here To Watch "Wrecking Ball"

          
                                      (Still From "Wrecking Ball")


At number one is Eminem with "Berzerk":

    Guess who's back, back again, Shady's back, tell a friend. (Yes I just did that). Eminem is back and back with vengeance! Eminem surprised many by coming back into the music industry after his drug addicting and surprised even more by dying his hair back blonde! Eminem came back with the music video "Berzerk" and appeared like he used to appear when representing his alter ego, Slim Shady. As a child growing up around Eminem music I was more than thrilled to hear the new song, hear that he dyed his hair, and then finally watch the music video this morning! I really can't tell you how excited I was. Eminem is also releasing a new studio album titled Marshall Mathers LP 2 (MMLP2).

     Now onto the video, what can I say? Eminem is back!! That is literally all I keep thinking. The video starts as if you are watching a VHS (for those of you who are too young that's like a big tape before DVDs). The video continues with Eminem jumping around and rapping in front of an extremely large stereo and just having a good time. The song itself is good and if you listen to the words it makes it even better. The main concept of the song is to "say f*** it, let yourself go before you kick the bucket". Eminem is just telling his fans to go out have fun and live your life before you die. Eminem also uses a fish-eye lens in his video to give it a kind of edge to the other music videos being released.  The funniest part of the video for me had to be when he called out Khloe Kardashian as "the ugly Kardashian" and says "sorry Lamar O I guess we both set the bar low". Honestly, I cracked up laughing because only Eminem would call her out and still make it sound good. Sorry Kardashian family, but it's Eminem!

    Eminem is just a rap icon and his music video takes you back in the day to when rappers didn't need auto-tune or fake butt implants. Eminem is the type of rapper to rap about real life instead of drugs and alcohol 24/7. It is a must see video and everyone NEEDS to go watch it! "GO BERZERK"!!!

Click Here to Watch "Berzerk"


                                               (Still From "Berzerk")

That's all I have for you today on this Music Monday! Enjoy the videos and see you Wednesday!

xoxo Just Your Average Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment